Your anniversary only comes once each year. It is the time to celebrate your love for one another and remember the day you tied the knot. You can do the same old routine of dinner and a movie or a piece of jewelry and a card. Or, you can celebrate your anniversary* in the way it is meant to be celebrated – you, your partner, and some time away. In other words, leave the ordinary at home and plan an extraordinary getaway for just the two of you!
Whether it is your first anniversary or your fiftieth, you are not going to want to miss these trip ideas. Traveling together on an adventure to new experiences and to create new memories? That is an anniversary you will cherish forever.
1. Pacific Coast Highway, California
It may seem unusual to recommend a highway for your anniversary getaway, but there is so much beauty and awe to see along the Pacific Coast Highway* that you will not want to miss it. It is over 600 miles long and will give you a chance to take in so many things, such as:
- Welcoming Bed and Breakfasts
- Redwood forests
- Pacific Ocean vistas
- Fort Bragg’s Glass Beach*
- McWay Falls
- Beautiful sunsets
Find time to talk, laugh, cuddle, and explore some of the country’s most beautiful scenery all while traveling along the Pacific Coast Highway. For many, it’s a bucket list dream. For you and your special someone, it can be an anniversary you will always remember.
2. Venice, Italy
There is a reason why Venice has been dubbed the most romantic city on earth. This city will give you so much to see and do while arm in arm.
- Sip a hot cappuccino at an outdoor café in the piazza.
- Take a stroll along the canals and take in a beautiful sunset
- Wake for the sunrise and take a gondola ride under the Bridge of Sighs. Legend says that if you kiss while riding under the bridge, you will be together forever.
- Climb to the top of San Giorgio Maggiore for spectacular views of the city.
There are so many places and beautiful sights to see in Venice. Scope them out, take some pictures, and fall in love all over again.
3. Reykjavik, Iceland
The Blue Lagoon* is a real thing – and you and your significant other need to visit it. This breathtaking spa is located outside of Reykjavik. It is made up of mineral-rich, geothermal sea water that springs from the deepest depths of the earth. You can take a dip, get a massage, or various other spa treatments – together. And, yes, the air in Iceland is chilled. That is what makes this such a wonderful combination. The cold air and the hot mineral water brings your mind, body, and spirit to a calm, peaceful, happy place.
In addition, Reykjavik offers parks and nature galore for you to explore, as well as marketplaces. And, depending on when you travel, there are so many festivals that take place in this city that you are sure to find something fun each time!
4. Amazon Rainforest, Peru
Have you ever thought you and your partner would visit a jungle? Well, your anniversary is the perfect time to do so. After all, jungles are full of noises, so you’ll be squeezed together seeking safety and protection. But, there is no need to panic over them – because there are so many awesome sights to see. Brightly colored birds, monkeys, and various other wildlife can be found in the Amazon*.
Then, take your honey and go on expeditions through the Andes Mountains or plan a visit to Machu Picchu*. You will head home with some of the most spectacular photos and memories for your scrapbook. Talk about an anniversary to cherish forever!
5. Cruise to unforgettable destinations
Cruises can provide the perfect anniversary getaway. Think about it – what is more romantic than sitting on the quiet deck, looking out at the dark ocean, breathing in the salty air, and having only the moon and stars light your night? Let yourselves be pampered as you sail the high seas. Enjoy gourmet food galore, a bit of gambling (if you are feeling lucky), or take in a show or two. Sit back and enjoy the sun, take a swim, or relax in the hot tub. Or, book a spa day and allow yourselves to relax.
Cruise ships can travel to so many destinations, so you will be sure to find something that tickles your fancy. The best part is that you get to travel to multiple locations during your cruise while getting to relax on the ship as you sail between stops.
Diamond Resorts offers deals on ships that sail to many destinations around the world. Here are a few that you may want to consider:
- Take an Alaskan cruise and discover glaciers, mountain views, whale watching, and dog sledding. And visit local markets, enjoy fresh halibut and chips, or enjoy various scenic tours.
- Cruise from California and visit numerous stops in Mexico. Do some shopping, dine on some authentic Mexican cuisine, soak up the sun on the white sandy beaches, or head out for some fun at sea with boating, fishing, or scuba diving.
- Southern Caribbean cruises allow you to visit places such as Aruba, Dominican Republic, and the Turks and Caicos. These brightly colored islands offer beautiful beaches, shopping, and pure relaxation.
- Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises sail to places including the Bahamas, Jamaica, the U.S. Virgin Islands, etc. Indulge in the white sandy beaches and the marine life that surround them. Enjoy exploring the islands and finding some fun shops and delicious local cuisine.
- European cruises give you the chance to see Europe while enjoying the luxury that cruising is. Visit destinations such as England, France, Portugal, and others.
These are just a few of the hottest cruising destinations. If you are looking for the perfect anniversary trip, a cruise may be just what you are looking for.
On your next anniversary, surprise your partner with an unforgettable trip – you will be glad you did!
* Link to third party site