It is never too early to start planning a vacation for next summer. In fact, the more you plan, the better prepared you are to have the best experience at your destination. You will know the ins and outs of everything it has to offer and will not miss any of the good stuff!
Here are a few vacation ideas to help you make the summer of 2018 unforgettable.
1. A Beachfront Getaway
In the summertime, almost everyone wants to visit the beach. It is all about relaxing in the sun and letting your feet dig into the sand. And, if you are up for it, how about a frosty drink in a coconut? A beachfront getaway could be the perfect way to take a break from your regular everyday responsibilities.
The key to being restful is the word beachfront. Not down the road and not a few minutes’ drive. You need to be able to walk out of your hotel and straight onto the sand. Or, sit out on your patio or balcony and drift away to the crashing of the waves.
A few places to consider are:
- Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club, Canary Islands
- Pelican Key, Netherlands Antilles
- Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
2. Set Sail Across the Seas
Cruises are the ultimate vacation destination all rolled up into a nice little package. You can soak in the sun while sailing on the ocean. Enjoy a ton of entertainment – including games, musicians, dancing, and shows.
Cruises offer services for every member of your family, too – including kid’s clubs and spa adventures. And the food – it is plentiful. Served by superior staff or presented buffet-style with an endless supply of decorative food and ice sculptures.
Looking for a great deal?
Explore our cruise packages for deals on cruises and finally get around to taking a vacation of your dreams. A few destinations include the following:
3. Excursions and Adventures
Sometimes having a planned adventure can make vacation planning more enjoyable. After all, you would have nothing to worry about because your trip would be professionally planned for you. This removes the need to coordinate, make phone calls, do research, etc. Everything is organized just for you. An excursion vacation will lead you to experiences that you will never forget.
Diamond Resorts puts these together for its members, for example:
- Cruising through the Arctic Circle
- Visiting the Taj Mahal
- Trips to Cuba
- Exploring Machu Picchu
4. A Relaxing Resort Stay
Have you ever dreamed of going somewhere for vacation and just never leaving the property? Well, you can do that if you find the right resort. Many offer amenities such as:
- Dining options
- Kitchen suites
- Recreational activities such as golf, tennis, swimming
- Organized activities such as dance lessons, arts and crafts lessons, trivia, karaoke, etc.
Does this sound like the perfect vacation? If you’d consider this for your summer 2018 trip, then explore all the possible destinations and see where you would like to end up.
5. Best U.S. Road Trip Destinations
If you want to take things slow and see what all the United States has to offer, you may want to consider a good old classic family road trip. There are many things to see that don’t necessarily involve tourist traps like the biggest ball of twine. Here is a list of the most popular road trips – see which ones you’d like to discover.
- Route 66* from Illinois to California.
- The Pacific Coast*, between Olympic National Park and San Diego, California
- Drive coast to coast on ‘The Loneliest Road’*
- Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway*, through Virginia and North Carolina
6. Hidden gems
There are certain summer vacation spots that may seem out of reach or a little off the beaten path. That makes them hidden gems that are that much more desirable – because you may be the only one you know that gets to experience these places. If you are tired of going to the usual touristy spots that everyone seems to go to year after year, or, if you just are tired of the tourist traps in general, then this vacation idea is something you may want to dig a bit deeper on.
Check out these hidden gems that are sure to make your summer 2018 unforgettable.
- Anguilla in the Caribbean* – not-so-easy-to-get-to means that its vibe is calm and relaxed
- Hocking Hills State Park* – located in Ohio, it has thousands of acres of trails and water, plus many campsite locations
- Virunga Volcanoes, Rwanda* – amazing views and a chance encounter with incredible wildlife
- Kruger National Park, South Africa* – full of savanna wildlife, this is an unforgettable trip
7. An ultimate splurge
Ever wonder why you hear of some amazingly beautiful places, but you have never personally met anyone who has visited? Chances are it requires a real financial splurge to get there. If you are wanting to make your summer of 2018 a cherished one, then maybe you are ready to take that plunge. If so, here are a few of the places you could visit:
- French Polynesia*, including Tahiti and Bora Bora
- Singapore* – up and coming luxurious destination, thanks to many new casinos
- Maldives* – overwater bungalows on the beautiful, blue, translucent waters
- Monaco* – a country built on luxury
- Longsheng, China* – with an amazing array of rice fields
- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe* – the largest waterfall in the world
These are just a few vacations ideas. The summer of 2018 is just shy of a year away. That means you have plenty of time to decide what you will do for your vacation that will be different and memorable. It is time to scrap the annual family trip to the busy theme parks and try something new. Where will your summer adventures take you?
*Diamond Resorts International Marketing, Inc., its parents, sister companies, and subsidiaries, make no warranty, express or implied, as to the condition, capacity, performance or any other aspect of the activities, events, or service providers listed herein. No inquiry has been made into the activities or events, or the qualifications or the quality of services offered by the providers. Do not consider this an endorsement of or recommendation for any of the activities, events, or providers.