When you think of Las Vegas, gambling, all-nighters, showgirls, and sin city likely come to mind. And, it is not the typical place to see young children running wild. In fact, it may not seem like a place for kids at all. However, places like Cancun Resort in Las Vegas can be a perfect place for the entire family! There is much to see and do off that beaten path that doesn’t involve all things adult.
So, if you are looking to have a little fun in the casinos, but want to bring your whole family for a getaway – here are some ideas on how to experience Las Vegas in a way that everyone in the family can enjoy.
Check Out the Hotels
You can do this in the daytime. In fact, that may be your best time to do so, as many in the all-night party crowd are sleeping the day away.
- The Stratosphere. If your family is into thrill rides, they will want to visit this hotel. The Stratosphere sits high above the Las Vegas strip which makes it a perfect spot for height fright thrills. And don’t miss the 360-degree view of the city. Diamond Resorts is even offering a deal to stay here – which means you can continue to enjoy everything this hotel has to offer!
- New York, New York. This hotel, besides looking like a replica of New York City, has some great offerings. Like an indoor/outdoor roller coaster and Hershey’s Chocolate World*.
- The Luxor. If you and your family are into sports, this hotel is a must-see. It boasts an interactive museum full of sports memorabilia and fun! You will also find Titanic artifacts exhibits and you can check out a game at it’s downstairs Public House.
- Mandalay Bay. Two words: Shark Reef. This hotel has a gigantic aquarium that will make mouths drop. Everyone in your family is sure to love this one.
There are so many hotels to discover in Las Vegas. Do your research to see what may interest your family most!
Take in Some Kid-Friendly Shows
Just as Las Vegas is notorious for its gambling – it also has a ton of shows to choose from. And, many of these can be enjoyed by the whole family! Here are a few of the most exciting that you don’t want to miss.
- Cirque Du Soleil shows are always fun to see. Watch your kids stare in amazement. There are many different shows to choose from!
- Blue Man Group* at the Luxor
- Michael Jackson ONE (MJ ONE) at Mandalay Bay.
- Criss Angel Mindfreak. Check out this famous magician live!
- Mac King Comedy Magic Show.
- Terry Fator*, the winner of Americas Got Talent* does celebrity impersonations as a wonderful ventriloquist. The entire family will enjoy his show.
- Diamond Resorts offers up close, intimate shows of some of the most-loved musicians for your family to enjoy. Be sure to check the calendar!
Your family will enjoy visiting attractions in Las Vegas that will keep them occupied while keeping a smile on their faces. Some you can walk to, others you may have to grab a taxi. But, either way, don’t let your family miss out on these awesome attractions.
- Discovery Children’s Museum*.
- Fremont Street. Enjoy shopping, dining, and get an unforgettable light show!
- AdventureDome. A 5-acre indoor amusement park? Yes, please! You will find this at Circus Circus.
- Glow golf. There are a couple to choose from. Turn off the white lights, and turn on the black lights. It’s a whole different golf game!
- Madame Tussauds*. This famous wax museum lets you get up close to some of your favorite celebrities.
Go On An Adventure
Adventures come at every turn in Las Vegas. We’ve selected a few that seem to be the boldest and most memorable for those adventurers. Does your family love the adrenaline rush of trying something new and daring? If so, don’t miss these while visiting.
- Hot air balloon ride over the city.
- Helicopter tours are very common here. See the city and all its lights from the sky. It is breathtaking.
- Go indoor skydiving* with the whole family! Perhaps a bit safer than normal skydiving, this wind tunnel gives wind speeds up to 120mph and gives you the same sort of thrill as if you were truly jumping from a plane!
- If ziplining is your thing, Las Vegas has a great offer – ziplining over all that is going on down on the strip.
These are just a few of the many adventures Las Vegas has to offer.
After so much excitement, your family may be looking to get out of the city for a while and take in some desert views. Believe it or not, there are many things to see outside of the city. Your family will appreciate the quiet. Here are some hot spots to check out:
- Almost everyone who visits Vegas ventures to Hoover Dam*. This arch-gravity dam built on the Colorado River offers tours and spectacular views.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area offers almost 200,000 acres in the Mojave Desert to enjoy these beautiful rocks and spend some time in nature. You can drive, walk, take a hike, discover wildlife, join a tour, etc.
- Springs Preserve*. There are all sorts of things for your family to do here. And a lot of fun things for the kiddos! From museums, interactive adventures, explorations, garden classes, a playground, etc.
Be sure to plan your family’s Las Vegas trip to include things that everyone will enjoy. Do your research before you go. Most importantly, use it as an opportunity to spend time with your family as a family. Sit down and dine together and find time to relax together. It doesn’t matter if you see everything there is to see or just take a family trip to enjoy the company. But, if Las Vegas is your destination, your entire family will find it an enjoyable – and memorable – trip.
* Link to third party site