There are those places that require a beautiful summer day to visit and there are other places that require wintry temperatures for full enjoyment. And then there are those destinations that are perfect for any Fall travel.
If you are itching to travel this Fall, but you aren’t sure where to head, look no further! We’ve done the research for you!
In the United States
Sometimes it is just nice to take a short domestic trip to unwind. Staying close to home can still lead you to some great getaways during this time of year.
Yosemite National Park
Visiting Yosemite National Park* at any time of the year can be a treat. However, during the Fall, you will encounter everything Yosemite has to offer, but at a more enjoyable pace. The temperatures are more moderate, there are fewer people visiting the park (which means no traffic and easier access to all things Yosemite!), and you will have more time to move slowly and take in the views.
You can also go:
- horseback riding
- mountain climbing
- mountain biking
One thing to keep in mind is that Yosemite is comprised mostly of Evergreen trees. So, what does that mean? It means you won’t see a beautiful display of fall foliage. If you head there with that in mind, you will not be disappointed!
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
The best time to visit Jackson Hole* is in the Fall. While the temperatures tend to remain a little bit on the chilled side, tourism is at its lowest. So, for those willing to visit during this time of year, you will get some amazing views of the fall foliage and it will feel like it’s all yours.
Things to do locally during the Fall are:
New York City, NY
While most of the best places to visit in the Fall are those that provide a fiery display of foliage, New York City is definitely not one of those places (with the exception of a few hot spots). However, New York has its own offerings that make it a must-visit place during this autumn season.
If you find your way to the northeast this season, here is what you need to do:
- Visit Central Park.* This large city park in the heart of New York City will be your best bet for fall foliage. And, its located amidst skyscrapers and city blocks. You will find carriage rides, street vendors, street performers, etc. within this grassy area.
- Check out all the festivals: Wine & Food Festival, Fashion Week, Film Festivals, etc.
- Broadway shows* open with new seasons! The opera and ballet, too!
- Museums and sporting events
Then, of course, there are all the touristy things that you must do if you have never been to this great city, such as visit the Statue of Liberty*, Empire State Building, and cross the Brooklyn Bridge.
Outside of the United States
If traveling a bit further is more your style for a Fall trip, then these places are sure to please. Grab your passport and head out to have some awesome Fall fun!
Perhaps many people would say that any time is the perfect time to visit Paris, France*. However, autumn offers an opportunity to see Paris – without all the tourists. And, that is not the only perk! See, in the Fall, Paris is full of turning trees and crisp air. There are the hustle and bustle of residents getting back into their routines after summer and the great deals you can receive since it’s the off-season.
Of course, there are these things to check out, too:
- Visit the gardens at Versailles* and actually enjoy it! Despite the temperatures, they are usually still stunningly gorgeous.
- Café terraces are free of tourists – which means everyone can enjoy them.
- It’s the perfect time for being outdoors – hiking, cycling, sightseeing, etc.
- Vineyards will be harvesting their grapes – which is worth checking out.
When you think of Fall in Germany*, what likely comes to mind? Oktoberfest*! While this can be a particularly busy beer festival visited by people from all over the world, Germany, in general, is very quiet during this season. As with France, the tourists are long gone. That means you can visit Munich as a local, rather than a tourist!
While in Munich:
- Check out the beautiful Fall foliage.
- Visit the local vineyards.
- Spend time wandering Marienplatz market.
- Augustiner-Keller beer garden is one of the oldest in the city and worth visiting.
Fall is the off-season for Caribbean island travel, as well. But that is not the only reason why it is the perfect time to visit these islands.
- It is less crowded.
- Temperatures are still warm enough to enjoy the outdoors and even the beautiful beaches, but it is not the summer-type swelter.
- Since summer is over and most kids are back in school, the Caribbean islands have more of an adult-flair about them during the Fall.
- You can enjoy all sorts of outdoor adventures – without the heat and without the crowd. These include exploring, hiking, bicycling, snorkeling, boating, and fishing, as well as many other adventures you may come across.
- The worst part of hurricane season has passed.
The best part of visiting the Caribbean is that there are so many islands to choose from that you could go every Fall and explore a different island! Here are the most popular islands:
Last, but not least, you have a choice of how you can find your way to these destinations! Since many fall on the route of a cruise ship, you can either get there by air travel or enjoy a nice, luxurious cruise – and a visit to a few islands at once! Diamond Resorts offers great deals on this type of perfected travel.
The Fall season brings more than just pumpkins and beautiful foliage. It brings an opportunity to explore some amazing places as they shine their best. Go discover someplace new!
* Link to third party site
Diamond Resorts International Marketing, Inc., its parents, sister companies, and subsidiaries, make no warranty, express or implied, as to the condition, capacity, performance or any other aspect of the activities, events, or service providers listed herein. No inquiry has been made into the activities or events, or the qualifications or the quality of services offered by the providers. Do not consider this an endorsement of or recommendation for any of the activities, events, or providers.